RE: WLAN/ WLPAN/ Silicon Wave Comments filed to the FCC on the FNPRM 01-158 ( ET 99-231)

Title: Silicon Wave Comments filed to the FCC on the FNPRM 01-158 ( ET 99-231)
Hi David, all,

Thanks indeed for sharing with us Silicon Wave's comments to the FCC.

I would like to make just one observation, perhaps editorial.
Perhaps it is slightly more than editorial as it might cause
misperceptions by ignorant receivers about IEEE policy and positions.
I make it hesitantly, please correct me if I am wrong.

I simply believe that stating that "Silicon Wave is a member of the
HomeRF Working Group; the IEEE 802.11 Committee, including
the 802.11(h) and the Joint 802.11/802.15 Regulatory Working
Groups" is inaccurate as far as the IEEE is concerned.

If I am not wrong here, I would presume that what you meant to say
is that Silicon Wave employees are members of the IEEE 802.11
Committee, not Silicon Wave itself. Although, as David Bagby has
only recently indicated in a ballot related email, your statement
somehow captures the de-facto state.

Regards,
Baruch Altman
CommPrize