stds-802-16: Session #17 Ending Time

Following a close look at the transportation logistics for Session
#17, I have revised the Session #17 closing times. Th policy is this:
No technical decisions will be made after 5 pm on Thursday. However,
editorial work will continue until 11:30 am on Friday, 25 January.
The idea is to let people leave on Thursday if necessary.

Here is the situation:

*We will all be leaving on a Finnair flight to Helsinki via Kittila
airport. On weekdays, there are two daily flights: 12:35 pm and 6:10
pm.

*If you catch the 12:35, you are scheduled into Helsinki-Vantaa Airport
	http://www.ilmailulaitos.com/english/lentoase/helvan

at 2 pm. By this time of day, your travel options are getting
limited. For example, I can't find any nonstops to North America from
Helsinki this late in the day (I don't think you could count on
making the 2:15 to JFK, for instance). Around 4 pm, you can fly to
London, Paris, Amsterdam, etc., but you may find a limited number of
choices by the time you get there.

*As a result of this, many of us will be spending a night in Helsinki
during our return. If this is your plan, you may as well wait for the
6:10 pm flight.

*The hotel web site mentions an Airport Bus which leaves one hour
before each Kittila flight. That means that you can leave the meeting
at 5 pm Thursday and make the 6:10 pm flight.

*Those of us staying until Friday will continue with editorial work.
I'm sure there will be plenty. You can catch the 11:35 am Airport Bus
to get the early flight.

*If you do plan to spend the night in Helsinki, I found a hotel that
a mile from the airport with a free shuttle service. I've mentioned
it on the Session #17 page:
	http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg17

*By the way, I've also updated the Session #17 page with a few other
logistical tidbits.

Roger