stds-802-16: Session #21 info

I am still working with Panyuh Joo, the host of Session #21, to finalize the hotel and meeting registration plans. I will provide the information as soon as I have it.

I have also been spending a lot of time trying to clarify the visa situation. I still don't have a clear answer. At the bottom of the Session #21 page <http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg21>, I've posted some visa information I've turned up. Here is the bottom line, so far:

*With the exception of nationals of certain named countries, "Visitors for sightseeing or transit with confirmed outbound tickets may stay in Korea up to 30 days without visas."

*Nationals of many countries may stay up to three months without a visa. Many countries with 802.16 members are on the list. However, the U.S. and Canada are not.

*For those not on the list, the critical question is how the purpose of the visit is defined. The Korean Embassy in the U.S. is a little more explicit about its terms:

"You may enter Korea without a visa for a stay up to 30 days or less for tourism, visiting, or transit to another country when carrying a valid US passport... When traveling for more than 30 days, or for any other purpose than tourism, visiting, or transit, a visa must be obtained prior to entry."

My guess is that attending the 802.16 session falls under the category of "visiting", but I don't want anyone to get into trouble.

If anyone can provide any clarification on this issue, I'd like to hear it.

Roger