RE: stds-802-16: updated "Channel Models for Broadband Fixed Wireless Systems"

Title:

Roger

With respect, I believe that this document should have been issued as 802.16.3c-01/29r5 since it merely repeats all the material in the previous document, and adds an Appendix B which is informational only.

However, this then leaves three anomalies :

a) Vinko has changed his organizational info from Iospan to Zyray Wireless Inc., which does not reflect his position at the time of the original normative information. A number of the other sources have subsequently changed their information, but this is not reflected in the "updated" document.

b) The updated document implies that ALL the original authors have agreed / contributed Appendix B, which is not true.

c) There is no TGa task group meeting scheduled any more to review / approve this revised contribution. It should therefore be reviewed / approved by the Working Group and logged as a WG or "late" TG3 contribution (to be consistent with the original.)

I suggest that a more appropriate action would be to leave 802.16.3c-01/29r4 as the authoritative / normative document and for Vinko and his Stanford co-author(s) to submit Appendix B as a standalone contribution on "how to simulate the channel models in doc 802.16.3c-01/29r4" etc. This could be numbered as a WG  or "late" TG3 contribution.

I know that these are minor points, but we need to be more careful with our documentation practices, especially following the recently revealed "anomalies" in our handling of WiMax contributions in TGc and TGd.

Presumably, this document (or whatever flows from the above) will be reviewed at the WG Opening Plenary ?

David Trinkwon
Email : Trinkwon@compuserve.com

USA Tel : 650 245 5650            Fax : 650 649 2728
UK   Tel : +44 (0)7802 538315  Fax : +44 (0)20 7504 3586