RE: stds-802-16: 802.18 draft: Reply Comments on 5 GHz NPRM

Hi,

I recommend to "NOT APPROVE" the proposed text.

5 GHz NPRM, pct. 18, is asking for comments regarding the
 spectrum for high power operations:

" We expect that the 100 MHz of spectrum that is already available at
 5.725-5.825 GHz will remain sufficient for higher power operations.
  We note in particular that operations over longer distances employ
 directional antennas that allow for high reuse and sharing of the spectrum,
 which mitigates the need for additional spectrum for these types of
 operations.  We seek comment on this analysis."

In July 802.18 meeting, at my and Ley John's request, the 802.18 agreed
 response was to make clear that this spectrum is not enough (appropriate
 text was in the document; as result of my satisfaction I supported the
 document approval, as seconder).

The mentioned response shall be re-inserted.

I request that 802.18 input documents are posted on the Server,
 (my July input document is not on the 802.18 contribution list, but
 has been discussed) and the outputs as well, according to
 IEEE 802 rules. July output is also not available on 802.18 Server
(wrong link).

Best Regards,

Marianna