stds-802-16: P802.16/Conformance02 Approved as an IEEE Standard

The note below brings us the good news of the approval of the 802.16 Working Group's sixth standard: IEEE Standard 802.16/Conformance02.

For historical reference, the PAR for this project was approved one year ago today. The PAR projected that we would submit the draft for approval to RevCom on 14 September. We actually submitted it just a few weeks later, on 21 October.

Congratulations to Task Group C, especially to its Chair Ken Stanwood and Technical Editor Carl Eklund, for finishing this challenging 206-page standard on schedule. Thanks!

Roger

Roger Marks
NIST
325 Broadway, MC 813.00
Boulder, CO  80305

cc:   Paul Nikolich, C/LM Liaison
         Angela Ortiz, Program Manager
         Yvette Ho Sang, Manager IEEE Standards Publishing

RE: NEW P802.16/Conformance02/D4 (C/LM) Standard for Conformance to IEEE
Standard 802.16 - Part 2: Test Suite Structure and Test Purposes (TSS&TP)
for 10-66 GHz WirelessMAN-SC Air Interface

Dear Roger,

I am pleased to inform you that P802.16/Conformance02 was approved as a new
conformance standard by the IEEE-SA Standards Board on 10 December 2003.  A
copy of the document will be forwarded to the Standards Publications
Department.  The editor assigned to work on the project will contact you.

All IEEE standards shall be updated within five years of the date of
publication.  If the standard is not revised, reaffirmed, or withdrawn
within five years, the sponsor will be notified that it will be submitted
to the Standards Board for administrative withdrawal.

Please contact me if you have any questions prior to speaking with your
editor.

Sincerely,
David L. Ringle
Program Manager - Governance, Policy & Procedures
IEEE Standards Activities Department
445 Hoes Lane
P.O. Box 1331
Piscataway, NJ  08855-1331