Re: [STDS-802-16] qusetion on uplink scheduling services

Pedro,

Comments 53 and 54 now being considered explicitly describe uplink
scheduling mechanisms as applicable to the downlink. From discussions w/
Vladimir and others, it seems that the intention is to have a uniform
group of service classes that apply in both directions for a particular
class of traffic.

However I agree with your discomfort in applying "Unsolicited Grant
Service", "Real-tiime polling" etc. to the downlink, as there are no
grants or polls there.

If these 2 comments stay open, we might consider giving different names
for the services on the downlink (eg. "real-time service" or "controlled
latency service" instead of UGS, which would make clear that we are not
mandating fixed interval timeslot assignments on the downlink). As well,
we need to pay attention to which parameters apply only on the uplink
and which apply only on the downlink - the definitions in section 11
would indicate that Maximum Latency applies only on the downlink, for
example.

- Jeff