Re: [STDS-802-16] [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [HARMONIZATION] Progress Update; Logistics for 8/16 telecon

Title: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [HARMONIZATION] Logistics reminder and agenda for 8/11 telecon

All,

Below are some more information regarding the “Reuse configuration” bit, per my AR below:

This bit specifies if the Neighbor BS is synchronized to the Serving BS in Time and Frequency.

This information can be used by the MSS to skip some of the synchronization phases when moving to the Neighbor BS during HO or Scanning and thus making the process faster.

For example if the MSS tries to move to the Neighbor BS but it does not “see", if this bit is available for the MSS the MSS can know if it really don't “see” it (because of too low signal) or because the PHY parameters are not correct and more time to sync is needed.

Questions are welcome

Regards

- Yigal

Yigal Eliaspur