[STDS-802-16] modified 802.16e PAR recommended by NesCom

The IEEE-SA Standards Board's New Standards Committee (NesCom) this
morning voted to recommend the modified 802.16e PAR. The
recommendation will therefore be presented to the full board at
tomorrow's meeting. The vote was not unanimous, and the debate may
arise again in front of the board tomorrow.

I participated in the meeting by conference call. I'd like to
acknowledge 802.16e Task Group Chair Brian Kiernan for traveling to
the meeting to participate. 802 Chair Paul Nikolich, as a NesCom
member, strongly backed 802's decision to forward the PAR to NesCom.

As you may recall, the IEEE 802.20 Working Group Chair had argued
against the recommendation:
        http://ieee802.org/16/arc/802-16list2/msg02159.html

and I solicited input for a response for NesCom. With input from Phil
Barber, Brian and I prepared the response:
        http://ieee802.org/16/docs/04/80216-04_60.pdf

I sent the response to NesCom last Friday, along with a package of
five supporting statements I received from industry:
        http://ieee802.org/16/docs/04/80216-04_61.pdf

I'll let you know when I get the results from tomorrow's Standards
Board meeting.

Regards,

Roger