[STDS-802-16] Question regarding handover in 802.16d

Hello Members of 802.16,

I have a question regarding handover feature within 802.16d.  I understand that 802.16e will address the handover aspect across various cells for instance, but is there anything like that for 802.16d? I also understand that in 802.16d, a user will be able to have a nomadic terminal and be able to move within his 'home cell'. Does 802.16d allow the terminal to be used within other cells - either by maintaining the same session and performing a handover or by switching the terminal off and back on again to register again? Or is such a feature only supported by higher layers like Mobile IP?

Thanks,

Rashmi