Re: [STDS-802-16] Question regarding handover in 802.16d

Hello Rashmi,

Let me quote the title of 802.16d (or 802.16-2004) as stated in the first page:

"Draft IEEE Standard for Local and metropolitan area networks

Part 16: Air Interface for Fixed Broadband Wireless Access Systems"

Now, I assume that the fact that 802.16d designed for fixed systems means that no mobility and no handoff is defined.

Regarding the nomadity issue, there is some misunderstanding here, since some people sells nomadity as mobility.

According to my understanding, nomadity means (among other things) that you can turn your modem off, move around, turn it on and dynamically register into the system. No context switching here, hence no handoff.

Regards,

Itzik.