Re: [STDS-802-16] [NETMAN] What is "BS Sector Mac Address" role

Hi Krzysztof,

Thanks for your msg.

1. Originally the fixed standard had an OperatorId that was distinct
from the BSId.

2. When the OperatorId was merged into the BSId, the thinking was that
setting your BSId to include an operator id component is analogous to
modifying the MAC address on a traditional ethernet card or
what-have-you.  So I think that means it should be in ifPhysAddr

3.  The BS X.509 certificate in 16e must testify to the BSId/MacAddr
that includes the OperatorId component.  Otherwise,  mutual
authentication does not prove anything about the BS and might as well
be omitted from the standard.

So it's pretty clear that the BSId is the unique (per-coverage-area)
Id for the BS interface (ie. is effectively the MacAddr).

The question is just how that should be represented in the MIB - and I
think that we can and should use the MIB-2 terms and structures.

BRs,

- Jeff