[STDS-802-16] Chair is late for Session #39

Folks,

I am running late for Session #39. My flight from Narita to Taipai was cancelled yesterday. I will fly this morning and arrive at the airport just before noon. However, think this will force me to miss the Opening Plenary. The WG Vice Chair, Ken Stanwood, will Chair that meeting.

I have posted the agenda:
	http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg39/opening.html

It is tight, and it may not be possible to get all this done in 45 minutes. However, I urge you to try. Both TGe and the Maintenance TG have extremely busy schedules to meet, with deadlines of midnight. [I have confirmed with IEEE staff that the Balloting Center will accommodate our recirc plans if we can meet our schedule.]

The Opening Plenary agenda includes only the activities that we really need to take care of before the two TGs get started. You will see that another WG Plenary is set for a civilized hour on Tuesday morning:
	http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg39/schedule.html

I am carrying the voting stickers and the server. The server will provide a mirror of the web site, plus the upload facility. To avoid duplication problems, I have turned off the ability to upload to the web-based upload server, except in the "temp" area. You can still download the new files from the web. If you need to upload a file, it would be better to wait until the on-site server is running. If you can't wait, then upload to "temp" with the understanding that you will later need to upload it again to the proper area of the local server.

The local server will also be running the attendance tracking software. Everyone who has already done on-line registration is all set to use it one it is turned on. If you haven't done on-line registration yet, it's too late. However, it will only take you 30 seconds once the server is running. This step is required to log your attendance, and on-site registration alone won't get you in the system.

Roger