[STDS-802-16] Question about PKM TLV implementation in 802.16

All,

I am implementing the PKM modules for our 802.16 BS and SS products. I have some specific implementation questions on how some TLV's should be handled when I am constructing my PKM-REQ and PKM-RSP message traffic.

What I'm looking for is a standardized implementation of specific items like the issue below: if I chose alternative #1 but #2 is the standard way of implementing, then I've hosed my interoperability with other vendors.

Thanx in advance for any help you can give.

Example 1) - If using a cryptographic suite in which the TEK is NOT based on DES, then this TEK will NOT have a CBC-IV associated with it. The TEK Parameter TLV normally has 4 sub-TLV's (TEK key, TEK lifetime, TEK KSN, CBC-IV). How should this be implemented?

OPTION 1) TEK Parameter TLV should only include 3 TLV, CBC-IV TLV is absent

OPTION 2) TEK Parameter TLV should include 4 TLV, CBC-IV TLV is included but has L = 0

OPTION 3) TEK Parameter TLV should include 4 TLV, including a dummy or padded CBC, L = 8, which can be ignored by the SS

Bryce Bingham