[STDS-802-16] Question on encoded data block size in 802.16-2004

Dear all,

In table 326, page 597 of 802.16-2004, I see that the maximum encoded data
block size is 120 bytes. That maximum size would grow to 720 bytes if HARQ
is supported (table 327).

My question is that, why are those maximum block sizes are much more smaller
than that of HSDPA. If I understand it correctly, the transport block size
can be up to 28000 bits (3500 bytes) in HSDPA.

There should be some fundamental differences here?

Thanks for reading and hope to hear your answers.
Regards,

Thanh Vu
NOMOR Research GmbH
Brecherspitzstrasse 8