[STDS-802-16] IEEE 802.16 Session #43 Report

Session #43 of the IEEE 802.16 Working Group on
Broadband Wireless Access took place on 8-11 May
2006 in Tel Aviv, Israel. 121 people attended.
The IEEE 802.16 Session #43 Report summarizes the
outcome:
	http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg43/report.html

I'd particularly like to call your attention to a
notice (cited in the report) from ITU-R
announcing the approval, as of 27 April, of
Recommendation ITU-R F.1763 on "Radio interface
standards for broadband wireless access systems
in the fixed service operating below 66 GHz."
This standard, developed by WP9B in SG9,
recommends the use of IEEE Std 802.16-2004, as
well as the compatible ETSI BRAN HIPERMAN
standard. Completion of this Recommendation is a
major milestone in the recognition of IEEE Std
802.16. I'd like to acknowledge the efforts of
José Costa, the 802.16 WG's ITU-R Liaison
Official, in helping to bring this important
recommendation to a successful conclusion.

Session #44 will be held on 17-20 July 2006 in
San Diego, CA, USA. On-line registration is open.
See:
	http://ieee802.org/16/meetings/mtg44
Hope to see you there!

--

Dr. Roger B. Marks <mailto:Roger@WiMarks.Net>
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access