Re: [STDS-802-16] Commentary 2.1 release

OK, here is my first clarification/correction:

(1) CLARIFICATION
In both the Windows and Mac versions, don't try opening the
application directly. Also, don't open the file "DoNotOpen.cmt". In
either case, Commentary will just close. INSTEAD: open any other
document (.cmt) file. For example, the file Commentary.cmt is
included the download package and can be used as a place to enter
comments for LB#24. Or you can open the LB#23 voting package
802.16-06/057r1. You can open the .cmt file by doing a drag-and-drop
onto the .exe file. Or, see (2).

(2) CORRECTION
In the Windows version I originally posted for download, you should
make a correction: change the name of "Commentary.exe" to
"Commentary2.exe".  Otherwise, Windows will have a hard time
associating "cmt" files with Commentary[*]. I've already modified the
posted ZIP file, so any downloads from now on will have the name
corrected.

[*] To associate "Commentary2.exe" with .cmt files, do the following:

(a) right click on a .cmt file, and select Open With/Choose Program...
(b) click Browse; locate and select "Commentary2.exe"
(c) Click "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
(d) Click "OK".

Afterwards, all .cmt files should open correctly.

Unlike the case of 2.0beta, you can keep your .cmt files anywhere;
they are not limited to the Commentary folder.

(3) UPDATE
The previous version would not allow you to save your personal data.
I've posted an update that fixes the problem. You can get the update
at <http://dot16.org/Commentary>. It's not very important, and there
will probably be a more interesting update soon, but it's only 78 KB.
[This will be the approximate size of any future updates also.]

Roger