[STDS-802-16] Uplink Ranging Allocation ---PUSC --- Clarification needed, please help me

Dear all ,

                      i am stuck with a understanding ranging implementation in uplink pusc

IEEE Standard for Local and Metropolitan area networks: Part 16: Air Interface for

Broadband Wireless Access Systems P802.16Rev2/D0b (June 2007)

8.4.6.2.2 Partitioning of subcarriers into subchannels in the UL

Tiles(s,n) = Nsubchannels.n +  (Pt[(s+n)mod Nsubchannels] + UL_PermBase)mod Nsubchannels

my first question is whether this Tile Terminology is also applicable to Uplink Ranging also ??? i mean to say in PUSC, is the Tile permutation applicable to Uplink Ranging subchannels also ??

and my second question is

in event of any subchannels being stripped off, the Nsubchannels will come down to ( 17 - number of strippled off subchannels )...according to UL subchannel bitmap. the question in the equation given above, will the Nsubchannels will be 17 or
( 17 - number of strippled off subchannels ).

i will be very thankfull if some member can answer my question or point to some document.

Thanks with best regards
vlsireddy