From: Shyy, DJ [mailto:djshyy@MITRE.ORG]
Sent: Monday, 25 April, 2011 9:13 PM
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] [802.16n][MM] Discussion on Relay Operation + Local Forwarding

Xin: I understand the benefits of your proposal.  However, if the signaling for setting up the local forwarding communication goes to a relay only (without going to the BS), is not the relay itself becoming another BS?  In your proposal, would the relay need to have its own backhaul to communicate with ASN?