Re: [STDS-802-16] [16n][DC] Proposal of Harmonized Text for HR-MS DC and HR-MS FTN

Dear 16n folks,

Below is harmonized text of DC RG. Please reply this email if you have any comments. DC RG will bring the current harmonized text and comments to 16n working group on May meeting. Thank you very much.

17.2.2 Direct communication between HR-MSs

17.2.2.1 General Description

In HR-MS direct communication, the two communicating HR-MSs are the source and the sink of data. The data packets are passed from upper layers to MAC at the source HR-MS and back to upper layers at the sink HR-MS. Data packets are exchanged between the two HR-MSs directly or by passing through another HR-MS.

HR-MS direct communication is applicable when 1) the two HR-MSs are in coverage of and are associated to an HR infrastructure station; 2) one HR-MS is in coverage of and associated to an HR infrastructure station, while the other HR-MS is out of coverage of any HR infrastructure stations; 3) the two HR-MSs are out of coverage of any HR infrastructure stations.

Resource for HR-MS direct communication can be allocated by the HR infrastructure station for cases (1) and (2). When HR infrastructure station does not exist (case 3), resource allocation of HR-MS direct communication is [TBD].

17.2.3 HR-MS Forwarding to network

17.2.3.1 General Description

In HR-MS Forwarding to Network, an HR-MS forwards user data and control signaling between an HR-MS and an HR infrastructure station. The user data and control signaling do not go through higher layer at the forwarding HR-MS. The origination and termination of the user data and control signaling are at the forwarded HR-MS and the HR infrastructure station respectively and vice versa.

HR-MS Forwarding to Network is applicable when 1) the forwarded HR-MS and the forwarding HR-MS are in coverage of and associated to an infrastructure station; 2) the forwarding HR-MS is in coverage of and associated to an HR infrastructure station, while the forwarded HR-MS is out of coverage of any HR infrastructure stations.

Resource for HR-MS Forwarding to Network can be allocated by the HR infrastructure station with which the forwarding HR-MS is associated.

17.3.2 Direct communication between HR-MSs

17.3.2.1 General Description

Same as 17.2.2.1

17.3.3 HR-MS Forwarding to network

17.3.3.1 General Description