Re: [RPRWG] Phy Layer question

Hi Wolfi

Not sure what exactly was the context before, but SDH rings operating as 1:n
shared protection (MSSPRING) have the 16 node restriction due to the node ID
that is 4-bit long (i.e., you can only address 2^4 nodes in one ring).
Even if we have an SDH ring transporting the traffic of a RPR, the 16-node
restriction doesn't apply to RPR, since RPR is not going to use the same
signaling as used in SDH (we probably will be using RPR's own protection scheme,
that's why we are having so much discussion on which protection we want to use!)

Angela

Wolfram Lemppenau <wle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 04/23/2001 05:07:24 PM