[RPRWG] Changes to Quorum rules for interims

RPRWGers,

the SEC is considering changes to the 802 operating rules
with regards to quorums at interim meetings. As you may
know, there are no quorum requirements for meetings held
in conjuction with an 802 plenary since it is advertised
well in advance.

Note: due to the large numbers of voters that we have, it
is generally difficult for us to achieve quorum at an
interim meeting. This is definitely delaying our ability
to make progress. Note that at plenaries - we don't always
have 50 % of the voters there anyway.

One suggestion (which I do like) is to reduce the quorum
requirement to 1/3 of the voters (rather than 1 half) if the
meeting has been advertised for greater than 90 days. In
all cases we have always had > 1/3 of the voters present.

However, what I like is not as important as what all of you
want. I welcome comments on this proposed rule change on the
reflector. I suspect we will have some time on the monday
agenda to discuss.

cheers,

mike
--
Michael Takefman              tak@xxxxxxxxx
Manager of Engineering,       Cisco Systems