RE: [RPRWG] What rcvdFairRate should be used if SC-FCM are not being received?

I am assuming you are talking about comment 941 for TTL decrement. The
resolution indicates the TTL is decremented in the data path and no actual
fix is needed in Clause 9, which I believe is incorrect as shown by my
comments below (labeled [MDA]) and acknowledged by Necdet. I believe the
resolution was incorrect, so I will submit a comment to that effect for
D2.1. It would seem like my proposed resolution differs from the resolution
comments & this would prohibit including the change in D2.1.

Regarding the initial value of rcvdFairRate, I do not understand all the
math involved. My reasoning behind believing the downstream node must be
congested by initializing rcvdFairRate to unreservedRate is that I
understand rcvdFairRate != FULL_RATE to mean congestion. If you use
unreservedRate (which != FULL_RATE), to me that indicates congestion. I
suppose that is OK, since that stops a new node coming on-line on a busy
ring and blasting the ring before it figures out a natural balance. I am
happy to let people more knowledgeable than me decide this initial value.

Regards,

Michael Allen