RE: [RPRWG] What rcvdFairRate should be used if SC-FCM are not being received?

>> I am assuming you are talking about comment 941 for TTL decrement. The
>> resolution indicates the TTL is decremented in the data path and
>> no actual
>> fix is needed in Clause 9, which I believe is incorrect as shown by my
>> comments below (labeled [MDA]) and acknowledged by Necdet. I believe the
>> resolution was incorrect, so I will submit a comment to that effect for
>> D2.1. It would seem like my proposed resolution differs from the
>> resolution
>> comments & this would prohibit including the change in D2.1.

David V. James
3180 South Ct
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Michael,

With regards to the following:
>> I am assuming you are talking about comment 941 for TTL decrement. The
>> resolution indicates the TTL is decremented in the data path and
>> no actual fix is needed in Clause 9, ...

I am concerned, in general, about the fairness TTL and how it is used.
1) I think it should always be "1" when the frame is sent, since
   it is always stripped by the downstream neighbor.
2) Some other field should be used to represent the 9-bit congestion
   location.
3) The congestion location is a 9-bit field, since that is the number
   of possible congestion locations on a wrapped ringlet.

Just a bit of stimulating food for thought...

DVJ

Home: +1.650.494.0926
      +1.650.856.9801
Cell: +1.650.954.6906