RE: [RPRWG] SPI-4.1 and SPI-4.2 PHY_LINK_STATUS signalFail reports

Hi,
On the RX path of SPI, the client must send the training pattern to train
the receiver to receive the data
properly. This is called dynamic deskewing.
I mean that this training pattern is used for dynamic deskewing
purpose. We have two parameters rd train limit and
rd los limit in SPI. When the training pattern is
not received by the spi receiver within the period evaluated by the addition
of the two parameters above, the later serves as a grace period
given to the client, then it asserts a signal rd_los to flag the
signal failure .. indicating that it did not receive any training
pattern.
Similarly we can have this error flagging on transmit status path
also (in LVDS mode), i.e., in this path Client sends out the training
pattern to the spi TX. We can further use this in case of reception of DIP2
values also .. there are some programmable parameters for DIP2
values using which the SPI TX  starts sending the packets to the
Client. If the expected number of DIP2 not received ... we can flag the
error saying that signal fail and can not proceed ... something like
that ..
I agree with you that signal fail is not defined explicitly
in the SPI spec, but the deskewing is explained little bit.

Shital