[RPRWG] Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:35:26 -0800

Bob,

My regrets; I will be unable to attend the next MSC meeting.
I hope the cell-phone teleconference works and it will be
possible to teleconference via freeconference.com.

I would like to propose a study group, based on the attached
preliminary draft. As you know, its easier to focus on the
directions when one has a stake in the ground.

The study group specifics:
  Title: RPR on the Backplane
  Chair: Dr. David V. James

You may notice that the attached draft is only the overview,
with some additional detail that would ultimately be moved
to other informative clause/annex locations.

The main technical challenges outstanding:
  1) destination-paced flow control
  2) Simplified serial encodings

The main organizational challenges:
  1) Generating interest
  2) Sollicitation of a working-group chair candidates
  3) Interactions/coordination with Ethernet on the backplane

Please consider this a formal request for this study group
to be formed at the 2004Jan19 evening meeting.

Thanks,
DVJ

David V. James
3180 South Ct