stds-80220-requirements: FW: Requirements Document

Title: FW: Requirements Document

I wanted to take a minute of your time to bring you up to date on the status of the requirements document and other administrative news.

1.      Sprint has realigned responsibilities for developing standards and has added resources to support the development of 802.20.  As a result Dave McGinnis will be focusing on other activities related to broad band wireless and I will be assuming the role of supporting IEEE standards activities. This includes taking over editing responsibilities for the Requirements Document and chairing the associated conference calls.

2.      Note that the conference bridge number for the requirements document conference calls is now (816) 650-0605 PIN 6229864.

3.      As a reminder the next conference call is scheduled for 2-October 2003 from 2 -3 PM EDT.  The agenda will be out before the close of business on Friday.

4.      As for the status of the document.
a.      Look for a separate e-mail within the next day or two stating that the new version has been posted
b.      Version 8 will have all of the changes suggested at the last interim meeting along with changes in the way that comments are noted in the document. (I will be more specific about the format change when the new version is posted).

c.      The Goal is to have a draft version available for the plenary meeting in November, however there is still a fair amount of work that needs to be done to meet this goal.  The attached Microsoft spreadsheet shows what sections have yet to be completed.

<<Requirements Document Tracker 9_23_03.pdf>>

Thanks for your time and I look forward to working with the team.

John J. Humbert

6220 Sprint Parkway

Mailstop KSOPHD0504 - 5D276

Overland Park, KS 66251-6118

PCS (816) 210-9611

Requirements Document Tracker 9_23_03.pdf