Re: [802.21] Updated communication model (draft version)

Hi, Peretz,

Sorry for the late response. Due to network problems, I have completely
no email access at the meeting site. Please see my response in-line.

Peretz Feder wrote:

> Qiaobing:
>
> Why is R1 and R3 different in this version?  Is it because R2 has no L3
> connectivity prior to HO instance? Why is R4 and R2 different in this version?

There were several comments made by the group at the meeting that
labeling them differently at this point of time was a more conservative
approach since a lot of details about the 3 MIHF services are yet to be
defined. If at the end we find some reference points are in fact
identical, the diagram can be updated easily to reflect that.

> Also, didn't we agree to not mention the transport mechanism. Or at
> least leave at the format we agreed in version 00 of 21-05-365?
> What was the motivation for the changes?

The transport mechanism is now removed from the diagram in the later
revisions.

regards,
-Qiaobing