RE: [802.21] [DNA] Prefix information for link identification in DNA

Peretz, could it perhaps because you are giving a protocol-like interpretation to a generic functional model? An example: MIH communicates with L2, L3 and layers above L3. Also, MIH makes use of L3 transport services for 802.21 @ L3 and above. This makes it very difficult to call the MIH a protocol layer between L2 and L3.
Stefano