De : Peretz Feder [mailto:pfeder@LUCENT.COM]
Envoyé : vendredi 7 octobre 2005 01:24
À : STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Objet : Re: [802.21] [DNA] Prefix information for link identification in DNA

Mathieu:

You are describing the R6 interface in the proposed communication model

http://www.ieee802.org/21/sept05_meeting_docs/21-05-0365-02-0000-communication_model_text_(draft).doc

Peretz Feder

On 10/4/2005 12:00 PM, zze-Seamless PERESSE M ext RD-RESA-REN wrote:
Alright, so here is another example:

If the PoA is co-located with the PoS, although it is clear that L2 transport of MIH messages is prefered, L3 transport could be used in cases where L2 transport is not available.

For instance, imagine an AP that has a 802.11 firmware that has no "802.21 functionnalities" (no upgrade available from the manufacturer). Thus it cannot use 802.11 TG? functionnalities that are required for 802.21 to work at L2.
To provide PoS functionnalities, MIH software would still have to be added in the AP OS , but then the only way to exchange MIH messages would be through L3 transport.

	  802.11
	  L2 or L3

Regards,

Mathieu