Re: [802.21] Ad-hoc on ES/CS discussion

I have comments on ACK message.

I agree with defining ACK mechanism.  On the other hand, ACK is useful
not only for event indication transaction but also request/response
transactions.

- ACK does not have to be defined as a primitive.  It can be part of
general message handling within MIHF implementation.

- An ACK can be returned for any request, response and indication
message as a receipt of the message.

Having said that, my suggestion is:

- define a new OpCode for ACK in the MIH fixed header.

- define a new flag 'a'(cknowledgment required) in the MIH fixed
header.

Semantics: If the sender of a request, response and indication message
requires an ACK, then it sets 'a' flag in the message.  If the
receiver of a request, response and indication message finds that 'a'
flag is set, then it returns an ACK using OpCode=ACK, copying the
received Transaction ID to the Transaction ID field and with empty
payload.  The use of ACK is controlled by within each MIHF
implementation and transparent to the MIH users (no primitives need to
be defined).  An ACK MUST NOT be returned in response to an ACK.

If this makes sense, I can reflect this into my contribution on MIH
header issue as D05 comment.

What do you think?

Yoshihiro Ohba