[802.3_100GEL] Logistics for Telephonic Interim

Dear Colleagues –

Bear with me, I have some details that I want to share with you in order to go through the Agenda deck as quickly as possible tomorrow.

Our meeting begins at 6am PDT (1 hour earlier than our ad hocs typically do).

  • The calendar invite is labeled as #2
  • I’ve heard that it has taken people up to 5-10 minutes to download the event space their first time signing on.
  • Don’t forget the event password (ieeeieee), you’ll need to enter a meeting/event password to get in.

Large topics that we as leadership are watching over the series of these 5 calls are… C2M Ref RX, C2M VEC w/noise, ERL methodology, C2C Ref RX, dozens of TBDs… progress in these areas are necessary to not effect the overall project timeline!

We are VERY short on time over this Telephonic Interim series.

We have no time to craft solutions or word-smith on the call – send that feedback ahead of time.  Offline consensus building and use of the reflector will be key over these next 3 weeks!  The editorial team has graciously combed through comments and identified a priority order, hence tomorrow’s agenda moves through several different topics.  It is likely that we will again have open comments by the end of our Interim series… but I ask that we all give it our best attempt!

We will close comments on each Telephonic Interim.

Participants will be allowed two business days ( AoE , ~67hrs) after the call to request, via the reflector, a “Closed” comment, from the prior meeting only, be considered for re-opening at the next call.  After this deadline passes, comments will be considered closed and will only be subject to a potential motion towards the end of the series to accept the responses and generate the next draft.  As in face-to-face meetings, we will utilize straw polls if needed to measure consensus on closing comments.

Presentations will be kept to 10 minutes, inclusive of clarifying questions in order to keep time for discussions on the comments.  The presenter is not to be interrupted as they give the presentation.  Please raise hand or chat with me if you would like to be added to the queue.  There is also a Q&A feature that will allow you to send questions that perhaps don’t need floor time.

Thank you for your time and I’ll see you on the call!

~Beth