[8023-10GEPON] [FEC] Framework for ONU upstream sync

All,

1.  Attached is a proposal that deals with incorporation of the upstream burst mode sync mechanism into the PCS sublayers at the ONU.

2.  This should be orthogonal to our list of open upstream issues and adaptable to whatever resolutions we arrive at.

3.  Main points are:

   *  Upstream synchronization/locking is managed by a state machine contained a new logical entity adjacent to the data detector in the stack

   *  ONU's synchronization process ensures that the first data frame's START code always appears in the first data position of a 66b block

   *  Scheme can be extended to accommodate IDLE deletion (if we decide we need it)

BRs,

- Jeff

Jeff Mandin
PMC-Sierra

PS.  From initial review it seems this is mostly complementary to the slides that Frank just sent out.

SyncFramework.pdf