[8023-10GEPON] [Channel link model] Proposed extensions to the channel link model

Dear all,

Following the comments I will submit against C91, I uncovered some issues with the PMD tables, which we have currently in the D1.2, namely in Tables 91-12 and 91-13:
1. The power budget values quoted in the table are incorrect i.e. the quoted available power budget is smaller than the sum of allocated transmission penalties and the maximum channel insertion loss.
2. Allocation for penalties for PR10, PR20 and PR30 US channels is incorrect (see Tables 91-12) - it is stated as 1.5 while it was agreed it was 3.0.
3. Allocation for penalties for PRX10, PRX20 and PRX30 DS channels is incorrect  (see Tables 91-13) - it is stated as 1 while it was agreed it was 1.5
To fix these problems, I suggest to introduce the a new row in the channel link model (power budget) as well as additional row for "Receiver sensitivity (max)" (non OMA value), which is also included in the Rx Tables in the Clause 91 and is necessary to calculate the available power budget.

The document 3av_0804_linkmodel_v2_3.xls contains the tab entitled "Version 2.3", where the rows in pink represent new added parameters. I would like to ask everyone to have a look at it and confirm whether You agree with the introduced parameters and the formulas behind them.
Please DO NOT comment on the values presented in this file - they are merely exemplary

The document 3av_0804_linkmodel_v2_3_power_budgets.xls contains examples of all the power budgets and individual links we support in our emerging standard. The values presented in individual tabs are then copied into PMD tables in Clause 91. Please review the values and new added parameter rows and be ready to voice any comments on the validity of used formulas or values for individual links.

Please note that this email supersedes the email http://www.ieee802.org/3/10GEPON_study/email/msg00964.html

All comments against the new version are more than welcome.

Please be ready to approve the updated sheet (3av_0804_linkmodel_v2_3.xls) - please note that we approve FORMULAS and not values.

Best wishes

Marek Hajduczenia (141238)
NOKIA SIEMENS Networks S.A.
System Architect – COO BBA DSLAM R&D

Rua Irmãos Siemens, 1, Ed. 1, Piso 1
Alfragide, 2720-093 Amadora, Portugal

* marek.hajduczenia@nsn.com
(+351.21.416.7472  4+351.21.424.2337

3av_0804_linkmodel_v2_3_power_budgets.xls

3av_0804_linkmodel_v2_3.xls