[10GMMF] Message from David Cunningham regarding this month's meeting

I forward the following on David's behalf,
Regards, Nick.

        --------

Dear 10GBASE-LRM and Sponsor ballot Pool Members,

I have been contacted by various people asking if there needs to be a
May
interim meeting of IEEE802.3aq. There were six comments. All comments
were
clearly out of scope. Formally, as there were comments, even out of
scope
comments, I have to hold a meeting. However, the meeting will be very
brief
and is likely to last only an hour or so. The only topic on the agenda
will
be the responses to the six comments. I expect that Nick Weiner our
editor
will upload the comments and responses to the public area of the
10GBASE-LRM web page tomorrow see:
http://ieee802.org/3/aq/public/comments/index.html

I understand that many of you will not want to travel for so few
comments
and such a brief meeting. Therefore, I am in the process of arranging a
teleconference number for the meeting. When I have the number it will be

distributed on the 10GBASE-LRM reflector and will also appear on the web

page for the IEEE 802.3 Austin Interim meeting at:
http://ieee802.org/3/interims/austin_1_0506.html

The sponsor ballot closed successfully with the following results:
RESPONSE RATE This ballot has met the 75% returned ballot requirement.
185 eligible people in this ballot group. 1
25 affirmative votes
13 negative votes with comments
0 negative votes without comments
16 abstention votes 154
votes received = 83% returned
10% abstention

APPROVAL RATE The 75% affirmation requirement is being met. 125
affirmative
votes 13 negative votes with comments 138 votes = 91% affirmative

All the important metrics (approval rate, return rate and abstentions)
improved due to D3.2.

Thank you to all who voted and submitted comments.

Regards,
David Cunningham
Chair of the IEEE802.3aq Task-force