RE: Nomenclature update

I could probably live with something relatively close to that.  I do have an
issue with using 4 because is it suppose to define 4 parallel fibers or 4
wavelengths.  If you use the examples you gave, it should refer to 4
parallel fibers.

It was also requested during the Interim meeting that we keep the order from
the bottom of the layer diagram up.  This would result in a nomenclature
such as ...BASE-S4X.  For the Serial implementation, we could use -SX, and
for the WDM implementation, we could SMX.  Although, S4X may not be a bad
idea for adding more wavelengths in the future.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brad