-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Frazier [mailto:millardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 9:03 PM
To: Jonathan Thatcher
Cc: 'rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'; HSSG_reflector (E-mail); Geoffrey O.
Thompson (E-mail); Robert M. Grow (E-mail); David Law (E-mail); Brad
Booth (E-mail); Stephen Haddock (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Big B, little b

Jonathan,

Frankly, you should be.  Like the rest of the law enforcement officers you
might encounter, they lack a sense of humor.

You might also have to factor in the opinion of the Florida state supreme
court.

Um, who says that the 10 gig version of 8B/10B is different from the
1 gig version?  It's the same code set. Just because we are using different
rules for the sequence of valid transitions from one code group to another
doesn't mean we have invented a different code.  The PCS (or XGXS,
or whatever cryptic acronym we are using this week) is different, but
the underlying code is identical.  Save confusion.  Use the same name.

Howard

Jonathan Thatcher wrote:

> Rich,
>
> I understand that we are bound by the IEEE style guide. I also understand
> that we are bound by "de law." I don't think the US Supreme Court would
> concur that the IEEE style guide has precidence over the legal system.
Also,