[802.3ae_Serial] From serial PMD call: next call tomorrow, Tuesday

Optical testing
---------------
We are still far from "technical feasibility of the test section."

One key item missing is that probably no-one has yet even seen a stressed
eye as specified!  We wondered if an example one could be generated at a
lower bit rate.  As there is quite a lot of work in this test area, we are
looking for ways of dividing up the tasks so we have a chance of doing them
on schedule.

Separate into e.g. Stressed eye generation; scope vs. BERT and other
calibration; Rx upper cutoff frequency (also untried at 10G); what else?

Tom was persuaded to do a rough write up of his thoughts on testing: see his
email of Friday/Saturday.  Thanks Tom!

Link model
----------
Why is RIN coefficient now 0.7 when previously 0.55 at 850 nm?
	It is believed that with current theory, this is not really a free
variable but represents the difference between a noise bandwidth and the
measure of bandwidth we are used to.  I need to double-check whether this
statement applies to RIN coefficient or MPN k(OMA).  Does anyone else
remember?

Modal Noise allocation for each waveband and (MMF) fibre diameter: why would
1GE and 10GE diverge?
	Don't know, taken off line.  Paul Kolesar will ask (some of) those
concerned.

Request for separate cell in spreadsheet for reserved margin.  Piers
preferred to add a cell for additional loss because this would be needed for
EFM anyway, and should get to the same point.  (See following email thread.)

Next phone meeting
The next PMD teleconference is tomorrow at the usual time and coordinates:
	4:15 pm GMT = 17:15 CET = 11:15 am EST = 8:15 am PST, Tuesday
	+1(816)650-0631  Access code 39209

Main topic will be optical testing again, and stressed eye in particular.

Piers