Re: [802.3_ISAAC] Some considerations for link length

It’s funny Kirsten as the conclusion to your email wasn’t where I saw it going. I thought you were saying that there is limited variability for placement of these things in the car and therefore, you could calculate estimates that would cover a majority of cases, independent of the manufacturer. I don’t know that the group is looking to influence link length, but instead determine the length that will satisfy the needs targeted by this proposed standard.

Do you disagree with where I thought you were going in your email? If so, could we get car manufacturers to submit a contribution making these estimates?

Regards,

Chad Jones

Principal Engineer, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3da Task Force