Re: [802.3EEESG] On the topic of tranistion time (was Re: [802.3EEESG] Comments on our work from Vern Paxson)

> It was PRECISELY my point that 802.1 AVB is not "designed for general
> Internet use".

Then it certainly makes sense to avoid transition outages when it's in use.

I don't know anything about 802.1 AVB.  At least naively, it seems there
will be signaling involved, such that switches can tell when it's being
used, and avoid transitions - is that right?

		Vern