RE: Interim Meeting Announcement - IEEE P802.3.1b interim electronic meeting - 23 August 2024

Dear colleagues,

The proposed responses to individual comments are now uploaded, as follows

The plan for the meeting will be to approve all “EZ” bucket (non-controversial, editorial in nature comments) with a single motion at the end of the meeting based on the latest version of the posted “EZ” bucket report. Please let me and Jon know if any of the comments in this bucket need to be pulled out and discussed at the meeting.

A very similar approach would be applied to the “MAY” bucket comments (most of them are non-controversial changes to the use of the “may” keyword in specific locations). The only difference is that there are a few comments in there that are proposed to be accepted with changes or even rejected, if the proposed change was deemed to be incorrect. Again, we will try to approve the proposed responses to these comments with a single motion at the end of the meeting based on the latest version of the posted “MAY” bucket report. . Please let me and Jon know if any of the comments in this bucket need to be pulled out and discussed at the meeting.

Finally, the remaining comments outside of the “EZ” and “MAY” buckets will be discussed at the meeting one by one.

Please let me know if there are any concerns with the proposed approach.

Regards

Marek Hajduczenia

Chair, IEEE P802.3.1 (IEEE 802.3.1b) Ethernet SMIv2 Data Model Definitions (revision) Task Force