Re: [RE] Grand master identifier

Hugh and John

Actually there is a well know and inexpensive way for provisioning
admission control. It is called a MAC.

A gig capable bridge with multi-speed ports can restrict admission of a
requesting service to 10, 100 or Gig.

If it always keeps ports in a default state of 10 then they can make
service requests for the port to reboot to a higher speed.

Geoff