Re: [LinkSec] linksec roadmap

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> There might be *ONE* senario that fits this.  Norm Finn talked about it at
> the last Plenary:
>
> Consider a real ethernet with 2 bridges.  The stations really do not know
> or care which bridge handles their frames.  They have to be authenticated
> to both.
>
> There are probably other senarios like this.

But that scenario *does not* necessarily imply group-shared keys.  It just means
  that I need largely-equivalent security associations with each bridge.

--
Marcus Leech                             Mail:   Dept 8M70, MS 012, FITZ
Advisor                                  Phone: (ESN) 393-9145  +1 613 763 9145