[LinkSec] Business case for wireless is missing

The wireless standards groups,namely .11, .15, and .16 have done a great deal of work for security and we can learn and copy from them if necessary. However, we should avoid making any requirements on their standards. Thus, I propose that we leave .11, .15, and .16 out of the scope of link security project.

There has been discussion of roaming between .3, .11, .15, and .16. and a need for common security. The wireless standards have secrurity implemented. One could consider what is required from .3 security to be able to roam with the wireless MACs and let the wireless MACs be untouched.

Antti

Antti Pietilainen
Nokia Research Center
P.O. Box 407
FIN-00045 NOKIA GROUP
Finland
tel. +358-(0)71-8036660, fax. +358-(0)71-8036214
email: antti.pietilainen@nokia.com