From: Rigsbee, Everett O [mailto:Everett.Rigsbee@PSS.Boeing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 5:25 PM
To: stuart.kerry@philips.com; Buzz@PSS; 802 Pat Thaler
Cc: postoffice@ieee.org; sa-admin@ieee.org; stds-802-sec@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [802SEC] REFLECTOR SPAMMING

Pat,  It's much easier to just turn on the control that only allows people
on the List to post to the list.  Since we control who's on the list it will

effectively remove all spam.  Another option is to make the list moderated
so that Bob O'Hara as list owner see all attempts to post to the list by
non-members and can approve or discard before forwarding takes place.
We don't need to engineering a lot of special filters, at least not for this
list.

Thanx,  Buzz
Dr. Everett O. (Buzz) Rigsbee
Boeing - SSG