[802SEC] Press release about 802.11's 25th anniversary

Dear EC,

FYI…

The IEEE-SA are planning a number of press engagements to celebrate the 25th anniversary of 802.11.

They are planning to make a press release for the date of the celebration:  15th July,

which requires them to have a draft to work with IEEE Corporate Communications on June 22nd.

So far,  this is a press release about 802.11 by IEEE-SA.

I have indicated that I would like to contribute content to this,  as I think the volunteers

doing the work might have something relevant to say.

The question in my mind is what approvals are needed.

Is WG approval needed?   Is EC approval needed?   If the answer to both is “yes”,  then

we cannot hit their deadlines.

If we do a 10-day EC ballot,  we need the copy available now,  and the WG has no involvement.

I propose to work with the WG officers on content middle next week,  which is the earliest we

can get together and then ask for a 10-day EC ballot with early close.

Best Regards,

Adrian P STEPHENS

Tel: +44 (1793) 404825 (office)
Tel: +1 (971) 330 6025 (mobile)