Re: [STDS-802-16] FW: need help (WMAN-OFDMA)

The way we interpreted the standard is that it is up to the BS to
determine how they choose to structure the DL bursts.

The BS can choose to allocate DL burst on an FEC-only basis in which
case any MS supporting that FEC (non-HARQ) would be required to decode
the DL burst and parse for the PDU's intended for it.

Or the BS can choose to allocate a DL burst on an FEC && MS basis
meaning that all the PDU's in that DL burst are intended for one MS.
Since a DL burst cannot contain multiple FEC types, the BS would have to
allocate multiple DL bursts per MS if the MS had CID's utilizing
different FEC modes. (Again, this applies to non-HARQ traffic).

The level (PHY/MAC) where the PDU classification is done is up to the
implementor to decide. Again, based on our interpretation, the MS must
be able to handle both dedicated and not-dedicated DL bursts.

Regards,

Steve