[STDS-802-16] Call for Contributions regarding P802.16k (Bridging)

Folks,

I have posted a Call for Contributions:
	<http://ieee802.org/16/netman/docs/80216k-06_001.pdf>
regarding the new 802.16k project on 802.16 bridging:
	<http://standards.ieee.org/board/nes/projects/802-16k.pdf>

The deadline is 3 May 2006 AOE <http://tinyurl.com/pysbr>.

Note that the development of the project has been assigned to the NetMan Task Group. I am happy to inform you that DJ Johnston has agreed to serve as Technical Editor. This is noted on the web page for the project:
	<http://ieee802.org/16/netman/16k.html>,
which also includes links to prior contributions of interest.

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <mailto:marks@nist.gov> +1 303 497 7837
National Institute of Standards and Technology/Boulder, CO, USA
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access
       <http://WirelessMAN.org>

>Paul Nikolich
>
>Re: P802.16k - Standard for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Media Access Control (MAC) Bridges - Bridging of 802.16
>
>Dear Paul:
>
>I am pleased to inform you that on 30 March 2006 the IEEE-SA Standards Board approved the above referenced project until 31 December 2010. A copy of the file can be found on our website at http://standards.ieee.org/board/nes/projects/802-16k.pdf.

>Sincerely,
>
>Jodi Haasz
>Program Manager
>International Stds Programs and Governance
>Standards Activities
>Phone +1 732 562 6367
>FAX +1 732 875 0695
>Email: j.haasz@ieee.org

Folks,

Regarding the Call for Contributions (see note below), we have received the following:

IEEE C802.16-06/001: Bridging Support for 802.16 (David Johnston)
	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/06/C80216-06_001.pdf
IEEE S802.16-06/001: Bridging Support for 802.16 (slides from DJ):
	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/06/S80216-06_001.pdf
DJ has submitted a proposed draft suitable for consideration under the PAR. He requests that it be considered and adopted as the draft standard for IEEE 802.16k.

We also have two other contributions:

IEEE C802.16-06/002: Proposed Editorial Update to 802.16k PAR Proposal (Roger Marks)
	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/06/C80216-06_002.pdf
This is a copy of the PAR that I submitted to NesCom to get it on their agenda for 29 March. I had to make some editorial changes, mainly because the PAR form has changed. I propose that we adopt these changes.

IEEE C802.16-06/003: Proposed Changes to 802.16k PAR Proposal (Roger Marks)
	http://ieee802.org/16/docs/06/C80216-06_003.pdf
Suggesting some additional minor changes.

If 802.16, 802, NesCom, and IEEE-SA all agree, then we will have a PAR on 29 March. I suggest that we consider a decision to adopt DJ's proposal (or a modified version of it) as a draft, and begin a WG Letter Ballot; however, that decision must be conditional on getting full PAR approval. This way, we can run a WG Letter Ballot in April and have it complete in time to review comments at Session #43 in May.

NetMan Chair Phil Barber has agreed to handle this discussion as part of the NetMan agenda at Session #42. DJ will be there and has volunteered to serve as Editor of the draft.

Regards,

Roger