[STDS-802-16] [16n][DC] Propose to use coordinator for DC without infrastructure station

Dear all,

As we have discussed in the last tel-conference, for the
DC use case 3) two HR-MSs communicate when there is no
infrastructure station nearby. Since the existing 802.16
network depends on a central network controller, for example,
a BS or RS, a station with similar function is required to
perform the control function if we do not want to change
the standard significantly.

An easier way is to turn an HR-MS to HR-BS. However,
there could be some features that are unnecessary, for example,
the handover of HR-MS, and also, we might need to let the HR-MS
to aware that the "BS" is not a normal BS. Therefore, to define
a central controller that is slightly different from the BS might
be necessary. It may simplify the work need to enable
DC when there is no infrastructure stations.

Based on the above consideration, we propose to define a station
named as coordinator. It performs like a BS except the handover
functionality. Some new functionality can also be added if necessary.

Previously we have presented a proposal regarding the discovery of
HR-MS to each other and use the information for coordinator selection.

Above is my basic consideration of the coordinator. I would like to
know the comments from the groups regarding the solution.

Regards.

Haiguang