Re: [STDS-802-16] [16n][DC] Propose to use coordinator for DC without infrastructure station

Hi Ahiguang, All

Thank you for starting the discussion. Your description looks like a good start for discussion, we should just bear in mind that 802.16n is an amendment, not a new air interface. If this coordinator is based on the BS or ABS then all the baseline functionality is still there and I don’t see the benefit of removing it.

So here's how I would like to think about it in general:

1) Lack of infrastructure is detected

2) HR-MS discover each other (or use information obtained before) and "elect" a "coordinator"

3) the elected HR-MS must be able to to act as a coordinator. To me it means that it has the capability to act as an HR-BS with reduced capability (e.g. fewer subscribers).

What do you think?

Best Regards,

Eldad

Office   +1 631 622 4134